With the help of a friend this past weekend I finally finished getting the home network punched down. When we built the house a few buddies came down to help run cable to several of the rooms. Sixteen network drops in total.
It took getting a new computer to finally get me moving on finishing the project! The new computer sits upstairs in the dinette area, right where I had put drops with that in mind. Since I have been running VMs on the new machine it was really easy to over burden the wireless NIC I had in there to get me by.
So we have everything wired up now. My friend loaned me a GB switch, so once I get a GB NIC for my file server in the basement I can get some wicked fast transfers between the new machine and the server in the basement. It’s nice to finally have that project wrapped up!